Gloria Rodriguez, LM
Due to the pending retirement of Mr. Burns, an invitation was made in January 1970, to and accepted by the Reverend Melvin O. Smith and the Reverend Dorothy Wynn Smith to serve the church as husband and wife ministers, which they did until both of them passed to spirit in 2004.
In 1967 the Summer Street building was sold and the present church building purchased. The church was constructed in 1894, and had previously served a Presbyterian congregation. Spiritualist Services have been held in the church in Old Greenwich since the spring of 1968.
The first church building was at 13 Spring Street
in Stamford. Larger space was soon needed, and 485 Summer Street was
purchased where the Reverend M. MacBride Panton served as minister. He
was followed by the late Reverend Raymond E. Burns who served as minister for
Our church was established on May
15, 1936. Its founder was Dr. Isabelle MacDonald, a successful
chiropractor in Stamford. Initially, Dr. MacDonald met with a small group
of spiritually oriented people in her home. The purpose was to pray for
those in need and to develop the God potentials within themselves. Others
wanted to join, and this led to the founding of the church by Dr. MacDonald, who
later became an ordained minister.